The Happy Couple

The Happy Couple

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The time of service

Since I started working for Matt's parents in Los Osos, work has been a little sporadic. So in the recent lack of work since we got married, I have put myself to good use by doing what I can for other people and finding ways to spend my abundance of free time serving. The reason being, in my morning prayers I have started dedicating myself and my time to the lord and asking him to direct me to the things he would have me do, and to the people who need my help. So last week the lord put me in all the right places as soon as i followed one prompting. I told my mom that I could go to Costco for her and I bought Joshua water. then it was taking Josh's car to get new tires then spending some much needed time with Kambey. After that i was informed of a friends recent severe illness and their urgency to move from their house, and they needed help packing. so i spent my day on Thursday and Friday Packing the Nickersons house, then on Saturday Matt and i helped with loading up their moving van and cleaning their house. Now this week and the week after next i will be helping my sister with her kids while she plays the single mom roll(cause her husband is on an internship) and goes to school.
A little bit on that- my sister Nani is amazing! she has two kids 3 years and 8 months and she is going to school and her husband spends his weeks in San Jose for an Internship. AND it just so happens that her baby has been SOOO sick the last 2 months. and she just has to push through it. so thats where I come in. thats where i come in for a lot of people.

I am SOOO very grateful that the lord can put me to good use in my free time when i dont have work.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Moani! Service is wonderful! PS the picture at the top of the page is so pretty! Where was it taken at? I really like it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks GG :) the picture was taken on the grounds of the LA temple during Christmas time when they had all the lights up.

    ReplyDelete